none
Constant site errors

Question

• Once again we are getting constant "web page error" when save a reply. Also no emails are being sent since yesterday.

When clicking "Alert Me" the page jumps to my user profile then throws page error.

This happens on one Win 8.1 and one Windows 7 system.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:21 AM

Answers

All replies

•  "web page error" when save a reply.

What is the scenario?  E.g. this sounds like it could be clicking on Submit twice?  I keep forgetting that that is possible because of how Answers has been working (had been working, since it too apparently now allows us to retry a Submit when it comes back after having done nothing.)

C.f.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e00db0a4-cf3b-4759-b99f-7a87d89d73d9/whose-bug-ie-or-fissues?forum=reportabug

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum/fdbk_commsite-bug/performance-problems-report-errors-here/e93eeb69-6502-44b6-aa63-424d8239d4e0?page=25&msgId=5996c5b8-12e7-48d3-9984-4c8e402f7b50 

Note that for another issue in that same "Performance" thread we had been asked to clear our caches, apparently in the belief that something had been fixed.  I give proof that if that was in fact true it was not the client caches which need to be cleared but some intermediate ones in the network.  I don't know how we are supposed to help try to diagnose a case like that.  On Answers they are asking for Fiddler traces but I think that could actually fix some problems if they are related to timeouts that we have no control over otherwise (because Fiddler is a proxy program).

So, try using Fiddler?  If nothing else you may then have diagnostics to help give a clearer symptom description.   <eg>

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, April 2, 2015 12:59 PM
  • System response has been horrible since last patch day.  I found on TechNet that my alert email had been removed.  That should fix the notifications and the bad "Alert Me" click.

The slowness occurs on login.  Login to MSN can take as much as a minute and is always taking close to 30 seconds.

Clicking on a Technet forum question is also extremely slow.  I do not keep anything in my cache between sessions, only cookies survive.  I will try clearing cookies.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thursday, April 2, 2015 4:02 PM
  • Is this still an issue?

If so, please email "fissues" at Microsoft to report the bug.

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:47 PM
    Owner
  • Is this still an issue?

If so, please email "fissues" at Microsoft to report the bug.

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Thanks Ed. No it was resolved al long time ago.  Performance now is acceptable most of the time.  It is even extraordinary at times.

Things have actually improved over that last year. (Post is from 2015)

If someone would fix the code control the forum would rock.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:50 PM