My cat jumped on my pc and blooey! I turned it off, unpluggedit, and called Toshiba for help. The told me to buy a restore disk from Restore Disks. com for my Satellite L25-s119. I got one and installed it. Now I need another product key and I'm lost. RRS feed

• Question

• I've tried to find a new product key, ut this pc's 2nd hand and I have no idea where to go. This is one bewildered Grandma. Please help! Thank you.
    Tofu Yoo
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:43 AM

Answers

• Hello Tofy Yoo,

Installing all of the software using the Toshiba recovery discs should have put back a proper Toshiba licensed copy of Windows onto the Toshiba.

Please download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Run" several times to download and start the Utility.  When asked, click the "Continue" button.  When the utility completes its run, click the "Copy" button, then come back here and paste the report into your post.

Also, please look on the computer for a Certificate of Authenticity (CoA).  If there is a CoA, please tell us what version and edition of Windows is listed on the CoA, and if there is a manufacturer's name or "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" printed on the CoA.  Do not post the product key printed on the CoA.

Or might you be referring to needing a product key for the Office Trial that might have been put back onto the computer by the recovery discs?

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 1:29 PM

All replies

• "Tofu Yoo" wrote in message news:0d337202-252d-45ce-afeb-98e37bcc13da...
    I've tried to find a new product key, ut this pc's 2nd hand and I have no idea where to go. This is one bewildered Grandma. Please help! Thank you.
    Tofu Yoo

The Restore disks should have the OEM's Key built-in - you don't need  any other one.
    The computer should have your Key on the COA sticker on the case.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:51 AM
  • Hello Tofy Yoo,

Installing all of the software using the Toshiba recovery discs should have put back a proper Toshiba licensed copy of Windows onto the Toshiba.

Please download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Run" several times to download and start the Utility.  When asked, click the "Continue" button.  When the utility completes its run, click the "Copy" button, then come back here and paste the report into your post.

Also, please look on the computer for a Certificate of Authenticity (CoA).  If there is a CoA, please tell us what version and edition of Windows is listed on the CoA, and if there is a manufacturer's name or "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" printed on the CoA.  Do not post the product key printed on the CoA.

Or might you be referring to needing a product key for the Office Trial that might have been put back onto the computer by the recovery discs?

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 1:29 PM