A/V Authentication Edge Server: Could not contact A/V Authentication Edge Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to perform a validation on the AV configuration, but I receive this error

A/V Authentication Edge Server: Could not contact A/V Authentication Edge Server.
    To resolve this error, check for the following
    1. The outbound proxy is reachable.
    2. The outbound proxy and A/V Authentication Edge Server are in trusted server list of each other.
    3. The outbound proxy and A/V Authentication Edge Server have valid certificates.
    4. Conference Server certificate is valid.
    5. A/V Authentication Edge Server Gruu is correct.

Our lab consists of 1 internal standard OCS, 1 consolidated edge server with an ISA 2006 in between.

All other validation checks are ok and we getting no errors on the firewall

The reason I started looking at this is external conferences with video are failing. The conference works, but the video drops after a couple of seconds. Internal audio and video works fine

Has anyone got any clues

Regards

Dave

Thursday, December 20, 2007 4:45 PM

Answers

• Hi

Sorry for the delay, I got placed on several other projects...

I have solved the problem, the internal ocs server was trying to communicate to the edge server on 443, the edge server was listening on 5062.....never going to work Sad

I now have moved on to a new error, (dam it), but will start a new post

Dave

Monday, February 18, 2008 4:23 PM

All replies

• Dave,

Right off the bat I have to ask: Does the A/V Auth Edge Server interface have a publicly routable IP address assigned to it?

Thursday, December 20, 2007 8:13 PM
  •  

Hi Dave

We need abit more information tohelp really, can you tell us you edge server config, does it have 1 nic, 3 nics, 1 ip address, 3 ip addresses, is it natted externally? how is the internal nic configured in relation to the internal LAN. it is routed or natted what ports do you have open between the ISA server and OCS.

Can the OCS box ping the internal nic of the edge server? how are you certs setup on the edge and OCS public or private (both intertnal and externally facing)

thanks

Blackduke

Sunday, December 23, 2007 2:53 PM
  • Hi

Sorry for the delay, I got placed on several other projects...

I have solved the problem, the internal ocs server was trying to communicate to the edge server on 443, the edge server was listening on 5062.....never going to work Sad

I now have moved on to a new error, (dam it), but will start a new post

Dave

Monday, February 18, 2008 4:23 PM