Multiple installations of MS CRM 4.0 in the same domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Does anybody know if more than one CRM 4.0 full installation is supported in the same domain. I am fully aware about multi-tennacy, however would like to know is it posssible to perform 2 or more full installation of CRM 4.0 in the same domain. Each installation will have its own Enterprise license.

This requirement has come about, where different NHS Trusts share the same network DOMAIN/FOREST but support/fund their IT equipment independently.

• Each installation will have its own web, reporting, and database server i.e. no servers will be shared between each installation
    • ALL Server will be on the same DOMAIN/FOREST
    • The 5 CRM security groups will be created in each of their own OUs i.e NHS Trust 1, NHS Trust 2, etc, however under the same parent DOMAIN/FOREST.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, May 10, 2010 10:56 AM

Answers

• yes this is possible.

just create ou's for each installation so that you can troubleshoot a specifice installations security groups.

Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Monday, May 10, 2010 11:59 AM

All replies

• yes this is possible.

just create ou's for each installation so that you can troubleshoot a specifice installations security groups.

Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Monday, May 10, 2010 11:59 AM
  • As Tiaan says: it's definitely possible.

But perhaps if the NHS could learn to use their IT resources more efficiently then my taxes wouldn't be so high : ) Perhaps the UK's new government will cut back their funding and encourage them to use virtual servers and multi-tenanted environments instead.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter, and you're welcome to sign up to Customery, an online community for UK-based Dynamics CRM people.

Monday, May 10, 2010 12:22 PM