none
Network Infrastructure - which exam? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

There are lot of things happening next year that I want to be prepared for so would like some pointers on what may be the right thing to study.

I need to have a sound understanding of migrating domains, small compnay domain being migrated into larger Enterrpise environemt.  All running Windows Server 2008 R2 standard and enterprise.  I was looking at 70-640 and 70-642 but they both look very similar.

Thanks,

Dan

Sunday, December 4, 2011 7:26 PM

Answers

• Exam 70-640 relates to Active Directory only whereas 70-642 deals with additional networking requirements.  You should look at studying for both these exams as they cover technologies you'll need to understand Windows Server networking
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Marked as answer by DanMc-2011 Monday, December 5, 2011 2:05 PM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 1:06 AM

All replies

• Exam 70-640 relates to Active Directory only whereas 70-642 deals with additional networking requirements.  You should look at studying for both these exams as they cover technologies you'll need to understand Windows Server networking
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    • Marked as answer by DanMc-2011 Monday, December 5, 2011 2:05 PM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 1:06 AM
  • Thanks for the info Jeff, I already have some study material for 70-640 so will start there but am looking to complete both.
    Monday, December 5, 2011 2:07 PM