windows home server vs windows server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• i have a pentium ii with server 2003 already on the home network. is there any advantage to purchasing the windows home server product for my AMD semporon? i have been using windows server for a couple of years now. love it! for simple storage management, sharing, streaming and the like. is it better to get longhorn server standard or try this product. allthough i only have 6 machines on network. my needs are not that important compared to somone say! in a company. i do have a lot of music and picture and such!

respectfully!

Thursday, February 22, 2007 5:50 PM

Answers

• Well, I'll would say rather no. Windows Home Server is for Users that have less or no network experience or don't have time to manually set things up. WHS provides everything a home networks needs, but with far lesser configuration required.

Still don't know what you want? Y'know what, give it a test drive! The beta 2 is pretty stable (exept that totally buggin' client remote problem) on the server side. And if everything works as expected - the automated backup feature of WHS is pretty fancy ;D Even for a more experienced user like you should be.
    Thursday, February 22, 2007 6:28 PM