Mapping from Campaign Activity to Campaign Response RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a custom field on my campaign activity that tells me what stage of the campaign that activity was run.  I would like this field to map to the campaign response so I can easily generate varying reports and marketing lists based on the stage of the campaign when the response was generated.

Yes, I can drill down with AF's but it is time consuming and if I ever want to automate part of this process (which I will soon) Workflows don't have the same drilling capability so I can't have them check the data of the Campaign activity.

Is there anyway of doing this?

Gareth

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• If the two are linked by a relationship you could add a mapping using the entity customization area in the GUI by clicking on the relationship and then going to mappings and mapping the field.  Then when you create a campaign response from within a campaign it will carry the field over.  For existing campaign responses you would need to use a .NET plugin that updates the responses when you update the campaign.  I recommend downloading the SDK as it has plugin examples and tutorials. http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24004
    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    • Marked as answer by Gareth Preston Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:42 AM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:03 PM
  • The only mapable relationship is with the Campaign itself, which obviously is insufficient because there will be multiple activities against one campaign (otherwise I wouldn't need this). 

I could add a new relationship between them (i.e., Source Activity) or something like that, but I'm not sure that would improve the problem as I don't think the mappings would trickle down as the CR gets generated through the activity (e.g., phone call) not from the Campaign Activity entity.

I think I will either try mapping from Campaign Activity > Activity > Campaign Response and see if that works (although I worry about a clumsy looking UI) and if it doesnt then I think you're right a .Net plugin is going to be needed.

I'll mark as answered because I'm guessing the latter is the only way and SDK will help with that.

Cheers

Thursday, October 13, 2011 10:42 AM