SyncOrchestrator Synchronize raises exception when application is installed on server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I built my application using the MS Sync Framework SDK to synchronize files between my local machine and a remote machine.  Everything works fine on my development machine.  However, when I install my application on my Server (Windows Server 2003 SP2) I get the following error:

Exception = Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {565AEDBF-3108-4405-AF1F-9C2C25925DAE} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

when the "Synchronize" command is executed:

SyncOrchestrator agent = new SyncOrchestrator();
    agent.LocalProvider = sourceProvider;
    agent.RemoteProvider = destProvider;
    agent.Direction = SyncDir;
    agent.Synchronize();

According to the FAQ (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sync/bb906054.aspx), MS Sync Framework supports Windows Server 2003.

Could anyone please help?  I've found some posts on this error and have tried the suggestions (e.g. changing the platforms to x86 on my project properties) but nothing helps.

I am using the x86 version of the MS Sync Framework SDK v1.0 on my Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3, VS 2005 C#.

Many thanks.

- H
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 6:02 PM

Answers

• I just resolved my problem by installing the Sync Framework on my server. 

My next question is, is there any stand alone Sync Framework component I can install on my server, instead of the entire package?  It's now installing the MS Sync Framework Runtime, SyncFramework SDK, Sync Framework Services, and Sync Services for ADO.Net on my server.  I don't need the SDK on my server for sure, but I am not able to find anyway to exclude that.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 8:15 PM

All replies

• I just resolved my problem by installing the Sync Framework on my server. 

My next question is, is there any stand alone Sync Framework component I can install on my server, instead of the entire package?  It's now installing the MS Sync Framework Runtime, SyncFramework SDK, Sync Framework Services, and Sync Services for ADO.Net on my server.  I don't need the SDK on my server for sure, but I am not able to find anyway to exclude that.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 8:15 PM
  • After you download the installation package , you could use Setup (SyncFX V1) or SyncSetup.exe (SyncFX V2 CTP1) to install all components. Or you can use individual MSI file to install the specific component(s) interesting to you..

Thanks,

Ann Tang
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:29 PM