Two questions - Running apps and school network RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all, i like this service really exciting! But i have two questions i want answered:

It is poosible to install and run apps from the Live Mesh?

And it is possible if i install the Live mesh on my place in my school network but not on computer?? I don't want it to stay on computer but anywher i go on the network!

Thank you for your help with this!

Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Andy,

Live Mesh will have the option to install custom applications directly in the mesh (you won't be able to install normal software like Office or Firefox) although this functionality is still in closed beta as part of the "Live Framework CTP" (check out this page and others on that site).

As for the installed client following you around, unfortunately that is not currently possible. The next best thing (and nearly as functional) is the Live Desktop which can be accessed at http://www.mesh.com which will allow you to download / upload files to your mesh and use remote desktop to access your mesh devices (some network restrictions may apply though, depending on your school's network).

Hope that helps,

Oren
    Friday, January 30, 2009 12:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

Live Mesh will have the option to install custom applications directly in the mesh (you won't be able to install normal software like Office or Firefox) although this functionality is still in closed beta as part of the "Live Framework CTP" (check out this page and others on that site).

As for the installed client following you around, unfortunately that is not currently possible. The next best thing (and nearly as functional) is the Live Desktop which can be accessed at http://www.mesh.com which will allow you to download / upload files to your mesh and use remote desktop to access your mesh devices (some network restrictions may apply though, depending on your school's network).

Hope that helps,

Oren
    Friday, January 30, 2009 12:35 AM
  • Thank you, though i got really fed up from going on Live Desktop everytime i need to because it always slow but i will stick up to it. Thank you again!
    Friday, January 30, 2009 5:11 PM