Error Message -Error Occurred Checking for E-mail Messages RRS feed

• Question

• The following error message is being recieved in the application event log for only a few users in our system. We tested the users in the router setup and they appear to be fine. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this problem. Each user is set up in crm to use the email router. We are using CRM 4.

#27938 - An error occurred while checking for e-mail messages to process in mailbox username@domain.com. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangeWSConnector.RetrieveMessage(ArrayList ids, Int32 index, ServiceLogger serviceLogger)

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider.RetrieveNextMessageInternal()

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.RetrieveNextMessage()

at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.Run()

DMcNeil

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 6:03 PM

All replies

• What Rollup are you on and are the clients in sync with the rollup on the server?

Curtis J Spanburgh

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:30 PM
  • We just installed Rollup 20 in January. How do I know if the clients are in sync with the rollup on the server. I don't remember having to do anything to the clients. Additionally, I should add that the users that we are getting the error message for are not using the Outlook Client.

DMcNeil

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:47 PM
  • The client machines should have the same rollup as the application server.

Notice the link for rollup 21 for CRM 4.0 and you will see the rollups for all the components.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=28799

And there you will see the rollup for your email router.

I take it you also have a UAT environment to test rollups, security patche, etc?

Curtis J Spanburgh

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:35 PM
  • We are using the 64 bit files. I don't see a client file for the 64 bit. Unfortunately, we do not currently have a test environment. We are planning a migration to 2011 and will be creating a virtual environment for that installation.

DMcNeil

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:57 PM
  • I've done a bit of research based on your response. I see that my client is only on rollup 10. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I'm new to the server side of things.

DMcNeil

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:11 PM
  • Not a problem.

Managing any system today can be hard to keep up with since there is so much work to do.

Curtis J Spanburgh

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:06 PM