Recurring updates can't be installed RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed XP onto this machine and there have been a number of updates that have gone through without any trouble. However, the updates available icon keeps popping up saying I have two updates to install. They continually fail to install and then the updates icon reappears. How can I remedy this? Here is the message that I receive.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 7:02 PM

All replies

• I just installed XP onto this machine and there have been a number of updates that have gone through without any trouble. However, the updates available icon keeps popping up saying I have two updates to install. They continually fail to install and then the updates icon reappears. How can I remedy this? Here is the message that I receive.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524)
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417

already have XP but cant install critical update
    Sunday, February 26, 2012 3:15 PM
  • Dear customer,

I am sorry but this forum is limited to Fix It Center tool only. Please try reposting your question to Microsoft Answers forumhttp://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx.

Regards

Alex Lu 

Software Development Engineer In Test

Engineering, Community & Online

Monday, March 12, 2012 6:29 AM