Measure Up exam on 70-536 Training Kit RRS feed

• Question

• Anybody know whether the Measure Up sample exam part of the 70-536 training kit is the same as the one on the Measure Up website for purchase?
    Monday, June 15, 2009 7:20 PM

Answers

• I am an editor in the content department at MeasureUp, and I can assure you that our practice tests are completely different from the ones in the back of MS Press books.

Microsoft supplies the content for the practice tests included with their books. MeasureUp uses those MS questions to create the practice tests for the books. The tests included with the MS Press books use the MeasureUp test engine, but the questions are supplied by Microsoft. Several years ago, MeasureUp wrote the questions for the MS Press tests, but even then we wrote completely separate tests for our own products.

We independently research, write, and edit our own test items for the practice tests we sell at our Web site.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 2:59 PM

All replies

• They are pretty same.

Only difference, I can think of would be Measure up once in awhile change/update their questions where once you purchase a book of MS Press, you are stuck with same set of questions. If your MS press Book is current, you should be all set. If it’s a old book you may consider spending some money on latest measure up.

Hope this is helpful.

Rubel Khan
    Monday, June 15, 2009 8:03 PM
  • The questions are generally similar. Rubel Is correct in that the web based MeasureUp exams get refreshed with new questions.  Additionally, since the 70-536 exam now covers topics from both the 2.0 and 3.5 versions of the framework the book will not cover all of the objective domains of the actual exam.  The web based exams should.
    Good luck.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MSF, etc.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:26 PM
  • I am an editor in the content department at MeasureUp, and I can assure you that our practice tests are completely different from the ones in the back of MS Press books.

Microsoft supplies the content for the practice tests included with their books. MeasureUp uses those MS questions to create the practice tests for the books. The tests included with the MS Press books use the MeasureUp test engine, but the questions are supplied by Microsoft. Several years ago, MeasureUp wrote the questions for the MS Press tests, but even then we wrote completely separate tests for our own products.

We independently research, write, and edit our own test items for the practice tests we sell at our Web site.
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 2:59 PM
  • Thank you Rick for sharing this inside info. I wasn't aware of it.
    Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    Tuesday, July 7, 2009 3:28 PM