Home server PP3 RRS feed

• Question

• I did reinstal my home server software but I can't find PP3 and all of my home PC's are runnining W7 so I do need this. can anybody tell me where I can find it.??
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 11:12 AM

Answers

• Power Pack 3 will be installed automatically if you have automatic updates turned on. If you don't, you can use the Update button in the console repeatedly until it installs.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Z-Ice Tuesday, February 2, 2010 5:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eelke Lambertus Thursday, February 4, 2010 8:00 PM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 3:53 PM
  • Were you asked to upgrade the connector software?   You can find it on \\server\Software\Home Server Connector Software

--
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 5:51 PM
  • PP3 comes with Newer Home Server Connector Software than July - on my system it is 7th October 2009.  File Version of Setup.exe is:
    6.0.2423.0 (whs_pp3.091007-1218)

I think if you uninstall your current software and install the software from the Server it should be fine.
    --
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 1:36 PM

All replies

• I don't know if this is of use as I have only just set up WHS for the first time  - but when I installed it and done updates it was detected needing and  d/l and installed automatically - are your auto updates on on your WHS machine? or have you done a manuall check for updated? Hope this helps - Nige.
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 12:28 PM
  • Power Pack 3 will be installed automatically if you have automatic updates turned on. If you don't, you can use the Update button in the console repeatedly until it installs.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Z-Ice Tuesday, February 2, 2010 5:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eelke Lambertus Thursday, February 4, 2010 8:00 PM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 3:53 PM
  • Thanks did help
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:34 PM
  • PP3 is now installed but my connector software can't find the server do I have to configer the firewall.? If I start the network overview i can see that he is there and the media server does see all of archived foto's or did I forget something after the re instalion of my server.?
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 1:01 PM
  • Were you asked to upgrade the connector software?   You can find it on \\server\Software\Home Server Connector Software

--
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 5:51 PM
  • I did install the connector software from July 2009 and that is not working either, so I think there must be something wrong with the Home server Software setting's. Do you have any suggestions.??
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 12:59 PM
  • PP3 comes with Newer Home Server Connector Software than July - on my system it is 7th October 2009.  File Version of Setup.exe is:
    6.0.2423.0 (whs_pp3.091007-1218)

I think if you uninstall your current software and install the software from the Server it should be fine.
    --
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 1:36 PM
  • I did copy this to a cd, ran it on one of my PC's but still it can't find the server
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 4:13 PM
  • Can you ping the server by name and IP on the client machines.  Do you use DHCP to assign your server and clients?
    --
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 5:32 PM
  •  Yes I can ping with IP to the server, but I do not how to do this by name.  But if I open my network centre I see the server but not connected. Yes I do use DHCP. I do appriciate your help

Thursday, February 4, 2010 7:59 PM
  • to ping by name do:
    ping SERVER
    to ping by IP do:
    ping 192.168.1.100

I am wondering if perhaps you have a firewall issue - can you try disabling your firewall and then try installing the Connector Software.

I don't think Network and Sharing Centre is going to tell you anything useful other than the server is visible.

You might get some clues from the Windows Home Server troubleshooter:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/whsfaq/thread/c64c9bf7-389c-4097-83ff-56c8998f92e0

--
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 8:11 PM
  • Ping by adress is working
    ping by name is not working
    Switching of the firewall does not help
    I did have some hick ups during the re-installation of de home server would it be wise to do another re-instal of the software.????
    Thanks for your help until now
    Friday, February 5, 2010 12:25 PM
  • By the way the trouble shooter will not install because it gives a network error, would this be same problem.??
    Friday, February 5, 2010 12:54 PM
  • Ping by adress is working
    ping by name is not working
    Switching of the firewall does not help
    I did have some hick ups during the re-installation of de home server would it be wise to do another re-instal of the software.????
    Thanks for your help until now

If you are saying the original install didn't go smoothly then I would advise doing a server re-install.  Now is a good time to backup the data you have incase one of those hicups takes all your data with it.
    --
    Friday, February 5, 2010 3:18 PM
  • I will do this during the weekend and let you know what the outcome is. The back-ups are still on the hard disc because i can start the server console on he server and view them.
    Strangely I do see the server warning that my network is at risk and if I say back-up now he is just starting all the way
    Friday, February 5, 2010 4:15 PM
  • Al thanks it took a while but it is working again. I did have some probleoms with my firewall on my portable. but ITS working, now I'am going to install the add in software and I will be back on the day I did start WHS, because I did loose my back-ups.
    Regards en again thank for your help.
    Eelke
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 3:57 PM