Modi Issue - Can't transfer scanned & OCR'd document to Word 2007. RRS feed

• Question

• Office 2007 / XP Pro  Click Microsoft Office Document Imaging > click scan > scan dialog box appears > scans & OCRs document > click transfer to word > Error Messege: An error was encountered while trying to send text to Word. Please verify that Word is properly installed. (NOTE: It is properly installed).  Have went through all approachs - nothing has worked.
    • Moved by Calvin_Gao Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:48 AM (From:Word for Developers)
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:08 PM

Answers

• ...never realized there was / is so much interest in this issue.  As regards Gao's "kick the can down the road" response - well need I say more.  I'll try to remember the answer which I found and gave some time ago to one of the MS' India based outsourced support organizations.

Modi is based on 'old' Scansoft OCR technology and, for what ever reason, (For Example: you have Dragon Naturally Speaking installed - once a Scansoft application, etc.) if the scansoft add-in is left in MS Word 2007 and/or 2003 it 'screwsup' Modi keeping it from functioning properly when you try to transfer the OCR'd material to Word - (this is the answer to the best of my recollection).  Oh, if you want Modi in Office 2010 just install Office 2007 or (I believe) Sharepoint 2007 (free) and only activate Modi during install - Unfortunately everything gets installed on the disk, but is unavailable.  Finally, and my memory is dimming - use the shortcut key combination from Office 2003 to scan an image directly into Word 2010 - Alt(I)sert>(P)icture>(S)can  (this might not be correct, but look it up - it's a three key combination.

• Marked as answer by RR2012 Monday, August 13, 2012 1:21 PM
    • Edited by RR2012 Monday, August 13, 2012 1:23 PM
    Monday, July 30, 2012 11:31 PM

All replies

• Office 2007 / XP Pro Click Microsoft Office Document Imaging > click scan > scan dialog box appears > scans & OCRs document > click transfer to word > Error Messege: An error was encountered while trying to send text to Word. Please verify that Word is properly installed. (NOTE: It is properly installed). Have went through all approachs - nothing has worked.

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

According to description, it seems that your issue is more relevant to Word itself instead of Word development. You can consider reposting your problem at Word Answer forum for better response.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards, Calvin Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 20, 2011 4:19 AM
  • ...never realized there was / is so much interest in this issue.  As regards Gao's "kick the can down the road" response - well need I say more.  I'll try to remember the answer which I found and gave some time ago to one of the MS' India based outsourced support organizations.

Modi is based on 'old' Scansoft OCR technology and, for what ever reason, (For Example: you have Dragon Naturally Speaking installed - once a Scansoft application, etc.) if the scansoft add-in is left in MS Word 2007 and/or 2003 it 'screwsup' Modi keeping it from functioning properly when you try to transfer the OCR'd material to Word - (this is the answer to the best of my recollection).  Oh, if you want Modi in Office 2010 just install Office 2007 or (I believe) Sharepoint 2007 (free) and only activate Modi during install - Unfortunately everything gets installed on the disk, but is unavailable.  Finally, and my memory is dimming - use the shortcut key combination from Office 2003 to scan an image directly into Word 2010 - Alt(I)sert>(P)icture>(S)can  (this might not be correct, but look it up - it's a three key combination.

• Marked as answer by RR2012 Monday, August 13, 2012 1:21 PM
    • Edited by RR2012 Monday, August 13, 2012 1:23 PM
    Monday, July 30, 2012 11:31 PM