locked
CRM 2015 - 'Deactivate' button behavior on a Form RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All, 

    In CRM 2013, the 'Deactivate' button on a Form used to show the deactivate dialog and let the user choose which status reason to set. With CRM 2015, it looks like this behavior has changed. When I click the 'Deactivate' button on a form, it directly deactivates the record (to the default inactive status reason option).  However, clicking the deactivate button from a View shows the Dialog. 

    How can we change this behavior ? 

    Thanks 

    Rajesh

    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 9:08 AM

All replies

  • Hi Rajesh,

    This can be handled OOB, however you define more than one status reason for the "Inactive" status, then on the click of Deactivate button, user will have to choose between them before you deactivate them.

    You can also use Status Reason Transitions to limit the user to only valid pathways, for example you can't go from "On Hold" to "Completed", you have to go back to "In Progress" first. Or to prevent people going backwards in a process.

    Hope it helps!


    Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/

    Wednesday, July 1, 2015 5:56 AM
  • Hi Abhishek, 

    can you please let me know the approach for handling it out of the box ? 

    Thanks

    Friday, July 10, 2015 5:28 AM
  • Add one more status reason for Inactive Say Reason X and Reason Y. When User will click on the deactivate button system will ask him to select the deactivation reason. This is OOB.

    Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/

    Friday, July 10, 2015 9:54 AM
  • Add one more status reason for Inactive Say Reason X and Reason Y. When User will click on the deactivate button system will ask him to select the deactivation reason. This is OOB.

    Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/

    Hi Abhishek,

    Sorry if the question description was confusing. Currently we do have more than one Inactive Status Reasons for some custom entities. The 'Deactivate' button behaves differently on a form vs View.

    For example, When I go to a custom entity view say 'Active Customers' and select a record (say 'ABC") and click 'Deactivate' - the system gives a popup to choose a status reason option. However, when I open the record 'ABC" and click 'deactivate', the system automatically moves 'ABC" record to the default inactive status reason.

    Can we change the behavior on the entity Form ?

    Thursday, July 16, 2015 10:38 AM
  • That's a CRM 2013 bug, Microsoft support did confirm this to be a known issue which is due to be fixed in Update Rollup 2. Updating your rollup will fix this.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2925872

    This was reported with RTM CRM 2013 and later on was fixed.


    Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/

    Thursday, July 16, 2015 11:59 AM
  • That's a CRM 2013 bug, Microsoft support did confirm this to be a known issue which is due to be fixed in Update Rollup 2. Updating your rollup will fix this.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2925872

    This was reported with RTM CRM 2013 and later on was fixed.


    Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/


      Thanks Abhishek for the KB article. I could not find a similar article for CRM 2015, do you happen to know if there's a fix for this in 2015 or is it a known issue ? Thanks again for the help.
    Friday, July 17, 2015 4:13 AM
  • This is a bug which happens if you upgrade from 2013 to 2015 which is your case and is a known issue.

    I experienced this with one of my upgrades last year and later on a rollup was released to fix this. AFAIK CRM 2015 update rollup 1 has been released but I don't think this has been fixed.

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/lystavlen/archive/2015/03/23/update-rollup-1-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2015-is-available.aspx

    I guess we need to wait till update rollup 2 to get this fixed. Till then you have to use the workaround. :(

    Hope it helps!


    Regards, Abhishek Bakshi If you find this post helpful then please Vote as Helpful and Mark As Answer. Check my blog on https://mydynamicscrmblog.wordpress.com/

    Friday, July 17, 2015 5:31 AM
  • Having this same issue. CRM 2015 Online.
    Thursday, August 20, 2015 10:49 PM