If I Would Have Known RRS feed

• Question

• I thought from all the discussion that One Care was to be discontinued or not supported last September; therefore, I got new protection. If I would have know that it was still supported and still being used, I would have kept it. I like it better than my new one.

Maybe I just misunderstood, but everthingI read said that it would no longer be available. I wish I would have known. I would have kept it.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:13 AM

Answers

• Current OneCare subscriptions will be fully supported for the entire term. At the end of a subscription information on transitioning to the new, free Microsoft Security Essentions will be presented to users.
    The announcement a year ago always stated that OneCare was going to be fully supported through the end of 2010 and that sales and renewals would end by the end of 2009, with the replacement product being released by the end of 2009. MSE was released yesterday, 9/29/09.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:59 AM