locked
Actuals recalculated RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hey everyone,
     
    Could anybody list the reasons why Actual Work fields can be automatically recalculated in Project 2010 (client)?
     
    I've faced an interesting issue today. The whole project plan (which is more then 3 yrs long) suddenly got recalculated (in a wrong way). I can understand why start and end dates can move in some scenarios, as well as why planned work can be recalculated. But I have no idea what can make Project recalculate Actual Work automatically. Besides 'Sync to Protected Actuals' button has no effect. So I've got published version of the project where everything is ok and working version where actuals became corrupted.
     
    I'd be very thankful for anyone who is able to explain such weird behavior or shed the light why automatical recalculation of Actuals can take place.
     
    Thanks,
    Alexander


    • Edited by Alexander Bylinsky Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:18 PM
    • Moved by Mike Glen Monday, April 2, 2012 6:09 PM More suitable (From:Project Standard and Professional General Questions and Answers)
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:56 PM

Answers

  • Just noticed that I haven't shared the solution.

    The root problem was in Windows user profile. Something was wrong with it. After sysadmins recreated user profile on the machine where it took place, everything started working in a normal way. Actuals are not recalculated any more.

    At the same time simple cleaning of cache had no effect - only full recreation of windows user helped.

    Monday, September 3, 2012 12:25 PM

All replies

  • You mention 'Sync to Protected Actuals'. Are you connected to Project Server? Do you have SP1 and latest CUs applied?

    Rod Gill

    The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management

    Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:18 PM
  • Yes. We've got Project Server 2010 SP1 + June CU on the server.
    Friday, March 30, 2012 12:02 AM
  • One easy way to have Project change some actuals is under the Move button on the Task ribbon.  One of the commands available there is to Move Completed parts to the Status Date.

    Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

    Saturday, April 14, 2012 3:19 PM
  • Just noticed that I haven't shared the solution.

    The root problem was in Windows user profile. Something was wrong with it. After sysadmins recreated user profile on the machine where it took place, everything started working in a normal way. Actuals are not recalculated any more.

    At the same time simple cleaning of cache had no effect - only full recreation of windows user helped.

    Monday, September 3, 2012 12:25 PM