OneCare extension to subscription RRS feed

• Question

• My subscription renewal date was April 15th.  Do I qualify for the 6 mo. free extension?  A Microsoft support person in India says I would qualify if the date was April 14th.  Do I miss the extension by one day???
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:24 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have no information on the status of free extensions.

If you do not qualify, according to Support, then I assume that Support has information not shared with me.

On or before April 15th, remove OneCare and use another security product. MSE is highly rated and is free. Information on end of life for OneCare can be found here:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecaregeneral/thread/81996436-edad-41ba-bdfc-02fc094e2ca9

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:30 PM
  • Hi,

Regarding this issue, customers with subscription ending after April 15 will no longer be eligible for 6-month free extension with OneCare. Customers under this instance will normally get a red status informing them that their subscription will expire soon and there's a button there "LEARN MORE" once you see that message you dont have to worry because onecare is still protecting you PC.

Sunday, March 28, 2010 12:56 AM