Cannot remove a PC from OC circle RRS feed

• Question

• I have three PCs in my circle. I wish to drop one (it will be away for an extended time). Repeated tries to remove the PC result in this error message: "An error is preventing OneCare from performing this action. Please restart your computer and try again. If the problem still occurs, contact the Help Center." Repeated restarts result in the same message. Any suggestions?

Friday, January 18, 2008 3:45 AM

Answers

• Note that selecting to Remove the PC from your Circle, assuming it is successful, will result in that PC being unsubscribed from OneCare and in red status. The only way to recover that will be to reinstall OneCare on that PC. If you don't wish to see notification about that PC, you need to unmake your PC from being a hub.

If you do want to proceed with the removal, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, January 18, 2008 2:53 PM

All replies

• Note that selecting to Remove the PC from your Circle, assuming it is successful, will result in that PC being unsubscribed from OneCare and in red status. The only way to recover that will be to reinstall OneCare on that PC. If you don't wish to see notification about that PC, you need to unmake your PC from being a hub.

If you do want to proceed with the removal, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, January 18, 2008 2:53 PM
  • Thanks for the information. I don't want the third PC to become unprotected and I don't want to give up seeing the other one. So I guess I will just live with the annoying "Status: At risk" (OC wants to configure backups on the PC that is currently "out of range" - it is travelling with a family member). Overall I am pleased with the way OC works and what it does. Thanks again for your help, Stephen.

Saturday, January 19, 2008 2:35 AM
  • You *can* disable the backup on that PC from the Hub by going through the backup configuration and then clearing the check box for "turn on backup on this computer"

-steve

Saturday, January 19, 2008 3:36 AM