off topic - Annoying re occurring OE Problem RRS feed

• General discussion

• I can't send attachments that are 200KB or more. When I installed WindowsXP SP3, the problem was fixed temporarily. Now OE is doing the same thing again. I did all the obvious things like disabling firewall and virus protection.  I also talked to my ISP they do not see anything wrong on their end. The other 2 computers on my home network work fine and are able to send email with large attachments. Short of doing a clean insstall of Windows XP I have no idea what to do. Below are the error messages I get when I try to send email.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Fw: Fw: Latest from Maxine', Account: 'Airwave Broadband', Server: 'mail.airwaveme.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

The message could not be opened from out Outbox folder. Account: 'Airwave Broadband', Server: 'mail.airwaveme.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800420C8.

I just installed and paid for "ONECARE" hoping it would fix it for me but no cigar so far.

HELP !!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 2:24 PM

All replies

• I moved your post to the off topic folder, despite the fact that you are using OneCare, since this is not a OneCare problem, nor is it something that OneCare can fix.

You should have a look at this article for a fix:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175327

-steve

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 3:51 PM