locked
CRM 2013: Error in updating Queue's email RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello Experts,

    I'm facing the below error in updating the email of Queue.

    Error Details:"Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: attributePlatformNameDetail:
    <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts">
      <ErrorCode>-2147220989</ErrorCode>
      <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" />
      <Message>attributePlatformName</Message>
      <Timestamp>2016-01-08T06:16:25.6090373Z</Timestamp>
      <InnerFault i:nil="true" />
      <TraceText i:nil="true" />
    </OrganizationServiceFault>"

    This is happening in some of the existing queues. If I create a new queue and update email, it is working fine. I couldn't find the cause of the error. Can you please suggestion some solution if you aware of this problem.

    Thank you,

    Nithya

    Friday, January 8, 2016 6:27 AM

Answers

  • Hi,

    We figured out the root cause of this issue. The reason is, when we update the email id of the queue, the queue should not have any pending emails to be sent. So, I went to Email messages filtered out status reason not equals to sent and deleted all the emails of the queue for which I wanted to update the email id. Then came back and updated the email id. Now it is working.

    Monday, May 2, 2016 4:57 AM

All replies

  • Hello,

    If it CRM Online you will have to contact Microsoft Support to get some help. If you have CRM On-Premise or IFD you can grab logs from CRM, analyze it and resolve your issue.


    Dynamics CRM MVP
    My blog

    Friday, January 8, 2016 8:03 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi,

    Thank you for the reply. I was into other work. so I couldn't get time to check this up. Now I have no other choice. I need to resolve it. I enabled trace and checked the error log. But I couldn't get anything from the log. Below is the error log. Can you please help if you aware. Thank you!

    Error: attributePlatformName

    Error Number: 0x80040203

    Error Message: attributePlatformName

    Error Details: attributePlatformName

    Source File: Not available

    Line Number: Not available

    Request URL:

    Stack Trace Info: [CrmException: attributePlatformName]
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.ServiceCommands.PlatformCommand.XrmExecuteInternal()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.ServiceCommands.UpdateCommand.Execute()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.DataSource.Update(EntityProxy entity, Boolean performDuplicateCheck, Guid auditingTransactionId, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.EntityProxy.Update(Boolean performDuplicateCheck, Guid auditingTransactionId)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.EntityProxy.Update(Boolean performDuplicateCheck)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.EntityProxy.UpdateAndRetrieve(String[] columnSet, Boolean performDuplicateCheck)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Core.Application.WebServices.InlineEdit.CommandBase.UpdateEntity(Entity entity, Boolean retrieve)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Core.Application.WebServices.InlineEdit.SaveCommand.ExecuteCommand(String commandXml)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Core.Application.WebServices.InlineEdit.CommandBase.Execute(String commandXml)

    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 1:56 PM
  • Hi,

    We figured out the root cause of this issue. The reason is, when we update the email id of the queue, the queue should not have any pending emails to be sent. So, I went to Email messages filtered out status reason not equals to sent and deleted all the emails of the queue for which I wanted to update the email id. Then came back and updated the email id. Now it is working.

    Monday, May 2, 2016 4:57 AM