CRM 2011 - Audit history and workflows repeating issue RRS feed

• Question

• I this weekend we installed some window patches and no one reported any issues, but this morning more than a thousand email notifications have been sent from CRM over the period of two days.

I've managed to narrow down the email two 7 case/incidents. Upon inspecting the auditor history I found that they have the same updates over and over and over and over. Something like 50 fields are being set to the same value they currently have. This in turn triggers the workflows the send out the emails.

I've searched but I've been unable to find a related issue. Could anyone possibly shed some light on this for me ?

• Edited by LeonVZa Monday, June 9, 2014 8:49 AM
    Monday, June 9, 2014 8:05 AM

All replies

• If the issue is being tracked specifically to a set of records then check what is causing the case record update (check all the code(JS/plugins/web-servces/ any imports) that creates/updates case). Also check for any CRM deployment that happened during the same time?

Check this blog for checking the previous value in the workflow before you trigger the emails.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Monday, June 9, 2014 1:09 PM
  • Thank for the reply. This happened on a Sunday morning, there were no imports or solution deployments. The server maintenance crew just installed the obligatory server patches.

All I can find is that all fields where updated to the same value on the affected records. This only happened on 7 items (nothing else) and all the updates started within a 2-3 minute window and continued to repeat every 2 minutes until early this morning.

Monday, June 9, 2014 1:22 PM
  • can you check if when was affected workflows were last modified? so open relevant workflow and go to file -> properties and check last modified date..

if this was set to during weekend then it would be your install otherwise it must be done during time mentioned on those time stamp.

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Monday, June 9, 2014 2:21 PM
    Answerer
  • I checked and no workflows have changed in the last week.
    Monday, June 9, 2014 2:44 PM