WLOC Circle Rocks & Up and running RRS feed

• General discussion

• Who's Idea was this ?

I got 2 computers ones in a baement ones up stairs WLOC Circle makes it possible to monitor the upstairs computer  with out having to run up and down stairs also if you have a laptop & desktop you got remote Monitoring from another location.

I almost can't wait for something to happen now.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:36 AM

All replies

• Turn off the firewall on the remote PC and then go back to the hub PC. Go ahead! You'll like it.

-steve

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:42 AM
  • That's kind of Neat. a Remote Control I dropped that firewall like you said the computer was also in the proccess still configuring so a yellow to config bakup popped up as well I did the rest of the config from the Hub computer. I also turned the firewall back on.

A Update note: My Hub is a 32bit Windows Vista Ultimate running pc The Remote pc is a windows xp Home Edition so I was sending commands Cross platform how freakin cool is that huh 

WLOC Circle gives a new meaning to Home Lazy A??

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 4:02 AM
  • I got a cool one for you to try. Setup the remote PC as a Hub also and you can see the Hub#1 PC too. So you can control each PC from the other computer.  How cool is THAT.

After I set this up I turned off the firewall on Hub#1 computer and the alert showed on the Hub#2 computer and I was able to turn the firewall back on from the Hub#2 computer.

This would really come in handy if OneCare will expand the Tune-up feature to allow running scans and defrags from the Hub PC then you can cross-control each of the PC on your network.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:05 PM
  • I'm hoping that the ability to take actions other than in response to a critical alert will be possible in a future release.

-steve

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 1:00 AM