Mail merge not bringing all contacts over RRS feed

• Question

• When doing a mail merge, not all contacts in the marketing list are coming over to Word. All contacts have Send Marketing Materials set to Yes, and all Contact Methods are also set to yes. Using Word 2013. Doing the mail merge using Outlook Client.

Ken Compter

Friday, April 11, 2014 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hi Kcompter,

More elaboration is required.

Monday, April 14, 2014 2:10 PM
  • We experience weird behavior when trying to do mail merge.  Since you can access this functionality from several places in CRM, what we find on 1 users machine is that CRM does not always export the entire list of selected contacts to the Word mail merge function.  I pick a list of 150 users and only 80 show up in Word.  the only place I can consistent get all the selected users over to Word is from Marketing list to Quick Campaign.  If I select the list from Adv. Find, or from the list view of Contacts, not all records are exported to Word.

When I do get the list in Word via Marketing Lists, then Word sends the 1st email, but not the rest.

Ken Compter

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 5:39 PM
  • Hi kcomputer,

when you click on the Mail Merge button from the ribbon the following pop up will be there.

You can see there are three options related to the records to whom you are capable to do the operation.

1. Selected Records on the current page:- it'll do mail merge for only selected records
    2. All records on the current Page
    3. All records on all pages

To send to the whole records as you have 150 I think you must go for the third option.

I hope this will work for you.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Don't forget to mark as answer if this post is helpful for you.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:28 AM
  • I am having the same problem, it will only bring over 80 of my 160 in the list. It also is missing some from the middle. I have picked all and made sure all were checked. Did you get a good help on this problem.

Thanks

Jean

Monday, February 23, 2015 5:18 PM
  • One of the things to look at are the contact preferences for your Contacts or Leads. Send Marketing Materials must be checked Allow, and email and bulk email set to allow also.

Ken Compter

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 4:14 PM