How to change my Msdn forums sign in email address to an existing? Or how to rename Msdn account and disappear old name on google? RRS feed

• Question

• The answer of following link is about changing the alias: How do I change my MSDN registration email address?
    And this is the precise answer of the above: Manage how you sign in to Microsoft (But it will ask you a Security Code)
    -- I click "Add email"
    -- I select "Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias"
    -- I type my existing email address, for example: example@outlook.com
    > When I press Enter then an error message appears: This email address is already taken. Please try another.
    I don't understand, it says that "existing email address", but an error "email address is already taken", I don't understand the error. And I don't want to create a new email address because I already have one existing email address which looks very good for me and I don't want to create a new one.
    My question is: How to change my Msdn forum sign in email address to an existing email address?

Other question:  If it's not possible to solve the question above then with the new email address, I want to create a new Msdn forums account with the current name by renaming this old account's name, but the problem is that the old name never disappears on Google search result, it's like appearing forever, how to make it disappeared?

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit
    Thank you.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 1:24 PM

Answers

• It's no longer possible to change the MSDN/TechNet profile association to a different microsoft account.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4806.how-to-change-your-email-or-live-id-on-an-msdn-or-technet-profile.aspx

When you post a new thread or reply to another thread a record is written to archive so renaming your account only affects new records going forward.

When you create an MSDN forums profile it is associated to a microsoft account. The microsoft account is only used for the authentication method. What you can do is create and alias on your microsoft account with the new email address and then sign on with that address.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12407/microsoft-account-manage-aliases

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Richard MuellerMVP Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Manda Rajo Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:24 PM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 1:50 PM
  • I'm really sad about my lost email address, I mean I will never use it anymore.
    Can anyone fix it?

Not sure what is meant? You can chat or email here (links at bottom) to recover a microsoft account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17875/microsoft-account-recover

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Manda Rajo Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:36 PM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:27 PM
  • Creating an alias does not override another email address, they would both still be functional. For example I created an alias using my gmail email address which I now logon to all Microsoft account services with. You can ask more about that over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com

• Marked as answer by Manda Rajo Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:56 PM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:54 PM
  • Good news, you're welcome.

• Marked as answer by Manda Rajo Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:09 PM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:07 PM

All replies

• It's no longer possible to change the MSDN/TechNet profile association to a different microsoft account.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4806.how-to-change-your-email-or-live-id-on-an-msdn-or-technet-profile.aspx

When you post a new thread or reply to another thread a record is written to archive so renaming your account only affects new records going forward.

When you create an MSDN forums profile it is associated to a microsoft account. The microsoft account is only used for the authentication method. What you can do is create and alias on your microsoft account with the new email address and then sign on with that address.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12407/microsoft-account-manage-aliases

• Proposed as answer by Richard MuellerMVP Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Manda Rajo Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:24 PM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 1:50 PM
  • OK, thank you. What I can do is to create a new alias on my current account.
    I'm so sad because I really like the existing email address, it's so simple and short and very elegant for Job Hunting because it's including the word "3d". But creating a new email address is difficult because most of the addresses are already taken.

I'm really sad about my lost email address, I mean I will never use it anymore.
    Can anyone fix it?
    • Edited by Manda Rajo Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:24 PM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:24 PM
  • I'm really sad about my lost email address, I mean I will never use it anymore.
    Can anyone fix it?

Not sure what is meant? You can chat or email here (links at bottom) to recover a microsoft account.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17875/microsoft-account-recover

• Marked as answer by Manda Rajo Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:36 PM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:27 PM
  • Not sure what is meant? You can chat or email here (links at bottom) to recover a microsoft account.

No! The thing that I wanted to say about "lost email" is not that I want to recover it. I can sign in to that email, but the thing that I want to say about "lost email" is as follows:
    - I must create a new alias with a completely new email address (non existing)
    - It means that I will never never use the email address that I like so much.

• Edited by Manda Rajo Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:47 PM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:46 PM
  • Creating an alias does not override another email address, they would both still be functional. For example I created an alias using my gmail email address which I now logon to all Microsoft account services with. You can ask more about that over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com

• Marked as answer by Manda Rajo Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:56 PM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:54 PM
  • Thank you so much, I added an alias with a gmail email address then it works. Before I had 2 emails (gmail and outlook) but now I only have one which is gmail. I just said something about "lost email" then everything is solved.

Great! Thanks.
    • Edited by Manda Rajo Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:11 PM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:05 PM
  • Good news, you're welcome.

• Marked as answer by Manda Rajo Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:09 PM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 3:07 PM