CRM 4 Advice / Help on Reporting / Workflow (Leads and Activities) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been asked to create a report in CRM 4 that lists all of the leads that have not been contacted in the last x (default to 6) months, and I'm experiencing some problems.

The main problem is that the Regarding field on the emails that get tracked through Outlook (CRM for outlook) do not have the "Regarding" field set, so when I use the built in report building functions (using Regarding (Lead)), they do not show up in the report.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to provide some advice or help on writing a workflow that could update the email items to fill the Regarding field with the lead that the email has been sent to.

Failing that, I was wondering if anyone might be able to provide some guidence on which tables / views I would need to use in a SQL report externally from CRM (but connected to the CRM DB) to get the information I'm after.

...I hope that is clear enough, if not, please let me know.

Thanks,

Owen

Monday, July 12, 2010 1:46 PM

Answers

• use the OOB report Neglected Leads. And set the "Days neglected" to 60 days.

Brgds Bjorn MyShare of Sharing Knowledge
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:10 AM
  • In the report view, double-click the report you want to base your new one on (in this case 'Neglected Leads'), and take note of the filter criteria, including the entities involved. Close that, and then click on 'New' to create a new report. Go through the report wizard and make sure you include the relevant entities and make the filter criteria the same as the other report, including "Days neglected" as 60 days as suggested above. Then, after setting the filter criteria, add all the columns you want :) 

Monday, July 26, 2010 6:30 AM
  • Hi Sid,

You can customize the neglected leads report either by:

- as Octopuddle said

- or by clicking edit on the Neglected Leads report and from actions you can download the report file Neglected Leads.rdl, and using the sql reporting services and vs.net you can edit the connection string in the report to the right server and database, also you can extend the query and the columns.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Ahmed ElNoby http://ahmedelnoby.blogspot.com
    Monday, July 26, 2010 1:07 PM

All replies

• use the OOB report Neglected Leads. And set the "Days neglected" to 60 days.

Brgds Bjorn MyShare of Sharing Knowledge
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:10 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.

Any idea on how I might be able to add some more columns into the report, or build a new report using that one as the base?

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:28 AM
  • In the report view, double-click the report you want to base your new one on (in this case 'Neglected Leads'), and take note of the filter criteria, including the entities involved. Close that, and then click on 'New' to create a new report. Go through the report wizard and make sure you include the relevant entities and make the filter criteria the same as the other report, including "Days neglected" as 60 days as suggested above. Then, after setting the filter criteria, add all the columns you want :) 

Monday, July 26, 2010 6:30 AM
  • Hi Sid,

You can customize the neglected leads report either by:

- as Octopuddle said

- or by clicking edit on the Neglected Leads report and from actions you can download the report file Neglected Leads.rdl, and using the sql reporting services and vs.net you can edit the connection string in the report to the right server and database, also you can extend the query and the columns.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Ahmed ElNoby http://ahmedelnoby.blogspot.com
    Monday, July 26, 2010 1:07 PM