none
virtual memory vs physical memory

Question

• Sir

I do have a question?

I have a space in harddisk ,called virtual memory.  In addition to DRAM ,Operating System  uses this  virtual memory to store and run applications. Virtual memory makes up for the need of space required.

I think that the physical memory DRAM is not needed. Virtual memory inside the hard disk is  sufficient. 

By avoiding DRAM I  can save the cost of  physical DRAM. We can also save lot of time that is involved in associating the pages between DRAM and Virtual memory.

Of course , virtual memory provided by the hard disk is slow. But  in current trends we can research , to increase the speed of magnetic drums being used by the harddisk to store data. 

Thanks ,

Ramkumar.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 7:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 7:06 PM
  • Hello,

What is the question?

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 7:07 PM

• Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 9:26 PM
  • Sir

I do have a question?

We have a space in harddisk ,called virtual memory.  In addition to DRAM ,Operating System  uses this  virtual memory to store and run applications. Virtual memory makes up for the need of space required.

I think that the physical memory DRAM is not needed. Virtual memory inside the hard disk is  sufficient. 

By avoiding DRAM we  can save the cost of  physical DRAM. We can also save lot of time that is involved in associating the pages between DRAM and Virtual memory.

Of course , virtual memory provided by the hard disk is slow. But  in current trends we can research , to increase the speed of magnetic drums being used by the harddisk to store data. 

Thanks ,

Ramkumar.

Thursday, September 17, 2015 8:06 AM
  • Sir

I do have a question?

We have a space in harddisk ,called virtual memory.  In addition to DRAM ,Operating System  uses this  virtual memory to store and run applications. Virtual memory makes up for the need of space required.

By avoiding DRAM we  can save the cost of  physical DRAM. We can also save lot of time that is involved in associating the pages between DRAM and Virtual memory.

Thanks ,

Ramkumar.

This seems more a statement than a question. I'd ask more specifically over here.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=w8itprogeneral%2Cw7itprogeneral%2Cwin10itprogeneral&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, September 17, 2015 12:57 PM