Problem with MapPoint Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I get the following errors while I try to invoke Mappoint Service.(http://staging.mappoint.net/standard-30/mappoint.wsdl.) 

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. --> The root element is missing.

OR

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

I have observed that this is not a consistent behaviour as well! The  web service works fine as well sometimes and I get the desired results. But when I continously try to access the same,it fails between consequent requests.

I checked a few forums and  observed that people faced these problems when they generally accessed some remote web services  through a proxy server and a firewall. I also work in similar conditions. I even tried testing my code outside the proxy server. It still fails.Also,I tried the following method of overriding the Webrequest  as suggested by some forums.But this does not work as well.

protected override System.Net.WebRequest GetWebRequest(Uri uri)
            {

System.Net.HttpWebRequest webRequest = (System.Net.HttpWebRequest)base.GetWebRequest(uri);
                webRequest.KeepAlive = false;
                webRequest.ProtocolVersion = HttpVersion.Version10;
                return webRequest;
            }

I am just adding a web reference to the above URLand invoking methods on them. Also, I am using the SDK samples for Map point.So, I do not think there is any error from my client side. Could this be a limitation with these web services or do I need to do any settings from my end to solve this issue?Please help!

Thanks in Advance!

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 3:47 PM

Answers

• are you trying to connect through a proxy server? you might want to check that and enable proxy on your WSE settings file.
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 3:48 PM
  • u can try out the net accessing software
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:31 PM
  • it has some cool softwares
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:32 PM
  • and if it dosent work out plzz do try the microsfoft forums
  • there is something called 4.1 msaccesgint...u can try that instead
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:33 PM
  • do tell if it helps
  • u can have ur all queiries cleared in the webcast that will be on 4th may
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:34 PM
  • what are ur views?
  • the error that u are wuoting seems to be a problem with ur netwaork
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:35 PM
  • u can have the samples of the mappoint directly on the microsotft site
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:36 PM
  • u can have them right
  • checked a few forums and  observed that people faced these problems when they generally accessed some remote web services  through a proxy server and a firewall.....so what i suggest  is disable the proxies
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:38 PM
  • fine this is should be ok
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:39 PM
  • and dont forget the microoft webaccess
  • System.Net.WebRequest GetWebRequest
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:41 PM
  • System.Net.HttpWebRequest webRequest
  •  

Would you please run the MGA diag tool found here:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:43 PM
  • As I said in the post, i also get the BSOD when running that tool. So unfortunately I can't. I could manually try to get the info, if you could tell me what is needed.
  • Could you check out this post: http://forums.microsoft.com/genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1170769&SiteID=25

Let me know if if that works.  Thanks!

• searched the silicon Image website for drivers for my 3124 RAID controller, installed them, updated the BIOS and I am still getting the bluescreen.
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:44 PM
  • You certainly are allowed to upgrade your machine.     Would you please try phone activating?  You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4" in the search field in the Start Menu and pressing Enter.  Please speak with a customer service representative when you're given the option.  The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes
  • Following the instructions of the automated phone activation system, I was not prompted with the opportunity to speak to a person, thus could not solve the problem. The machine just repeatedly queried me for numbers which I entered, then it informed me that the product ID was currently in use and that I should purchase another! What number am I supposed to press to get in touch with a person?

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:45 PM
  •  

Thank you for the assistance. Through (mis)fortune, I was able to solve the problem.

Since I accidentally misentered one number in the automated telephone activation prompt, I was directed (finally) to a human correspondent, who was able to address the issue and give me an activation code.

• Please post the results of the WGA diagnostics tool (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012) with any new question. 

• also having the same problem but it quite different because  i waited till the last day and i cant get in to my computer until i type in the product key i try puting in the product key tht came with my computer now i dont know what to do cause i have tried everything i have tried calling so they could activate it can there be another of having a new product key with out having to buy a new one please someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:47 PM

All replies

• are you trying to connect through a proxy server? you might want to check that and enable proxy on your WSE settings file.
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 3:48 PM
  • u can try out the net accessing software
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:31 PM
  • it has some cool softwares
  • and if it dosent work out plzz do try the microsfoft forums
  • there is something called 4.1 msaccesgint...u can try that instead
  • do tell if it helps
  • u can have ur all queiries cleared in the webcast that will be on 4th may
  • what are ur views?
  • the error that u are wuoting seems to be a problem with ur netwaork
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:35 PM
  • u can have the samples of the mappoint directly on the microsotft site
  • u can have them right
  • checked a few forums and  observed that people faced these problems when they generally accessed some remote web services  through a proxy server and a firewall.....so what i suggest  is disable the proxies
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:38 PM
  • fine this is should be ok
  • and dont forget the microoft webaccess
  • System.Net.WebRequest GetWebRequest
  • System.Net.HttpWebRequest webRequest
  •  

Would you please run the MGA diag tool found here:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

• As I said in the post, i also get the BSOD when running that tool. So unfortunately I can't. I could manually try to get the info, if you could tell me what is needed.
  • Could you check out this post: http://forums.microsoft.com/genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1170769&SiteID=25

Let me know if if that works.  Thanks!

• searched the silicon Image website for drivers for my 3124 RAID controller, installed them, updated the BIOS and I am still getting the bluescreen.
  • You certainly are allowed to upgrade your machine.     Would you please try phone activating?  You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4" in the search field in the Start Menu and pressing Enter.  Please speak with a customer service representative when you're given the option.  The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes
  • Following the instructions of the automated phone activation system, I was not prompted with the opportunity to speak to a person, thus could not solve the problem. The machine just repeatedly queried me for numbers which I entered, then it informed me that the product ID was currently in use and that I should purchase another! What number am I supposed to press to get in touch with a person?

•  

Thank you for the assistance. Through (mis)fortune, I was able to solve the problem.

Since I accidentally misentered one number in the automated telephone activation prompt, I was directed (finally) to a human correspondent, who was able to address the issue and give me an activation code.

• Please post the results of the WGA diagnostics tool (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012) with any new question. 

• also having the same problem but it quite different because  i waited till the last day and i cant get in to my computer until i type in the product key i try puting in the product key tht came with my computer now i dont know what to do cause i have tried everything i have tried calling so they could activate it can there be another of having a new product key with out having to buy a new one please someone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:47 PM