none
Significance of specific cert. ( store app and web ) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

Could anyone please guide about MCSD tracks.

What is the significance of 70-481, 70-482 , 70-486 and 70-487 in future.

maifs

Monday, January 7, 2013 12:51 PM

Answers

• 486: certifies your skill of development in the field of ASP.Net 4.5 MVC Web application. MVC is in use from last 5 years or earlier and will be in use in future also. It will help you establish your point in future also.

487: certifies your skill in Windows Azure and Web services and you will get an edge over other aspirants for a job opportunity requiring these specialties. Everyone is moving toward cloud and SOA.

I am not much sure about 481 and 482, but I can say that Windows Form application which we used to create are now Windows Store Apps and so I do not see any windows certification. In case they are the same then you certify your skills in those areas.

Regarding usability in future: Even though .Net 2.0 certificates are going to be outdated but organizations working on these will give privilege to aspirants having those certificates irrespective of the fact that they had achieved their certificate long time back.

Monday, January 7, 2013 2:47 PM
  • Hi,

what you mentioned are not complete MCSD tracks. To earn the MCSD Windows Store Apps Using HTML5 you also need to sit the 70-480 exam (which you also need on the track for MCSD Web Applications). Which track you choose depends on you. If you more interested in app development you should go for the Windows Store one. The other track is for web developers.

Like mentioned above: Old exams are also valuable. What the significance of the new exams will be will be shown in the future. These exams are completely new, so it's hard to say which value they have for an organization. With these certifications you will be up to date with the newest technologies and prepared for the future.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Monday, January 7, 2013 10:23 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• 486: certifies your skill of development in the field of ASP.Net 4.5 MVC Web application. MVC is in use from last 5 years or earlier and will be in use in future also. It will help you establish your point in future also.

487: certifies your skill in Windows Azure and Web services and you will get an edge over other aspirants for a job opportunity requiring these specialties. Everyone is moving toward cloud and SOA.

I am not much sure about 481 and 482, but I can say that Windows Form application which we used to create are now Windows Store Apps and so I do not see any windows certification. In case they are the same then you certify your skills in those areas.

Regarding usability in future: Even though .Net 2.0 certificates are going to be outdated but organizations working on these will give privilege to aspirants having those certificates irrespective of the fact that they had achieved their certificate long time back.

Monday, January 7, 2013 2:47 PM
  • Hi,

what you mentioned are not complete MCSD tracks. To earn the MCSD Windows Store Apps Using HTML5 you also need to sit the 70-480 exam (which you also need on the track for MCSD Web Applications). Which track you choose depends on you. If you more interested in app development you should go for the Windows Store one. The other track is for web developers.

Like mentioned above: Old exams are also valuable. What the significance of the new exams will be will be shown in the future. These exams are completely new, so it's hard to say which value they have for an organization. With these certifications you will be up to date with the newest technologies and prepared for the future.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Monday, January 7, 2013 10:23 PM
    Answerer
  • thanks durgesh and horizon,

yes i am first planning to take 70-480 . i know these were not a complete path, i just wanted to make sure.

maifs

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:31 AM