Favorite Anti-virus for WHS RRS feed

• General discussion

• I just upgraded to a an HP EX495, it comes with a trial of McAfee.  My previous desktop experience with McAfee is it's a bit bloaty, and highly annoying come renewal time.  So what's the best WHS appoved solution?  Should I go ahead and licnese the trial, or swtich to Avast (seems to have a WHS edition) or something else?

thanks.
    • Changed type kariya21Moderator Sunday, November 8, 2009 2:27 PM not a technical question
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 11:26 PM

All replies

• I am using avast and it seems to work just fine.
    Systems Analyst
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 12:48 AM
  • Avast
    Bud - Alameda, CA
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 1:26 AM
  • I am using ClamWin Free and it works fine as well.
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 6:31 AM
  • I also vote for Avast here, since it is fully supporting WHS and gives you also the chance to manage attached client PCs.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 11:59 AM

• I have been using Avast Family Pack (10 users + WHS) for allmost two years now. Can recommend it!
    I think it is a reliable scanner, great functionality, great integration with WHS, and last but not least: really great e-mail support!

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:45 PM
  • If you use Avast on the WHS do you have to use it on all of the clients in the LAN? I currently use ESET Smart Security on my clients and am extremely happy with it.

Aram
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:06 AM
  • If you use Avast on the WHS do you have to use it on all of the clients in the LAN?

No.

I currently use ESET Smart Security on my clients and am extremely happy with it.

Aram

Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:47 AM