change sorting order of view list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts,

Is their any way to sort the list of views of an entity other than alphabetic .

Default:

Active contact

Active contact subgrid view

So on..

My sort order will be like i give priority to my view then sort by my priority.

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Monday, June 23, 2014 9:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Santosh,

In short there is no supported way to order the view selector by anything other than alphabetically by name.

As has been mentioned, you can work with this spring by simply prefixing view names with numbers. It may also be that you should deactivated views which your organization no longer needs, and think about making sure that your views all have meaningful names.

~ Atomic Coder

Monday, June 23, 2014 7:47 PM

All replies

• In views you have an a option called configure sorting check it ...

ms crm

Monday, June 23, 2014 10:27 AM
  • Hi Reddy,

I know their is an option to change sorting of an view but i want to change order in view selector(list of all active views).

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Monday, June 23, 2014 11:02 AM
  • if you give your view name as below  (prefix with order number ) then it will be still sorted based on name but would be as per your requirement.

1. view 1

2. view 2

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Monday, June 23, 2014 1:04 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Santosh,

In short there is no supported way to order the view selector by anything other than alphabetically by name.

As has been mentioned, you can work with this spring by simply prefixing view names with numbers. It may also be that you should deactivated views which your organization no longer needs, and think about making sure that your views all have meaningful names.

~ Atomic Coder

Monday, June 23, 2014 7:47 PM