none
Role based certifications. Anything that isn't Azure and more .Net? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

So I'm reading MCSD, etc are all being replaced by Role based certificates in June and it's best to not even bother now given you have until June to pass.

I've looked at the certification paths, and to be honest, they all seem pretty rubbish. Every single one is Azure based only and the 'developer' role that I'm interested in seems like there's almost no actual coding involved and it's mostly Azure config.

Is there anything equivalent to MCSD or more core certifications like you get with Oracle Java Certification, etc?

I'd much rather simply have something that isn't Azure because while I am a .Net developer, I do not use Azure, like probably the majority of .Net developers and want a more rounded and general certification like .Net, ASP.Net, Web, etc....

Thanks.

• Edited by Neilw12345 Thursday, March 12, 2020 10:05 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2020 10:04 AM

All replies

• I also asked the question in their Certification forum.....standard boilerplate response, diagram of all the new role based certs.  

https://trainingsupport.microsoft.com/en-us/mcp/forum/all/entry-level-developer-path/ee6dd2da-6177-40c8-b506-d3076dd256d3

I'm going to keep at them though, while they've extended the retirement date, I doubt I can cram and sit an entire MCSD before January (while also working full time, with a family) - so I want to know my options.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 10:34 PM