I have been running PP1 beta, how do I uninstall? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to go to released version.   I go to add/remove on server and there are many files but none say anything about PP1, what am I doing wrong?

Monday, July 21, 2008 10:44 PM

Answers

•  

Check the box that says "show updates".
    Monday, July 21, 2008 11:52 PM
  • Show updates will not help if you installed the full PP1 WHS ISO v1771 from Microsoft Connect , where PP1 was not an update but included fully in the ISO.

Waiting for a confirmation, but the best I can tell,

is as of today, you'll have to do a 'Server Reinstall'  of the original eval version 1500 release, then apply the new 1800 PP1 update,

or wait for the full WHS w/PP1 1800 disc to be released and do the same reinstall.

The 'Server Reinstall' option will save your data, but you'll have to setup all users/passwords etc again.

See http://www.wegotserved.co.uk/2008/02/06/faq-how-to-upgrade-from-a-trial-or-beta-version-of-windows-home-server/

Again not sure this is the best / right answer yet...

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 12:27 AM

All replies

• Same question here.....  Add/Remove shows about 10 components of Windows Home Server (drive extender etc) with same file size and install date.  Are these ind. components all part of PP1 beta?

Monday, July 21, 2008 11:12 PM
  •  

Check the box that says "show updates".
    Monday, July 21, 2008 11:52 PM
  • Show updates will not help if you installed the full PP1 WHS ISO v1771 from Microsoft Connect , where PP1 was not an update but included fully in the ISO.

Waiting for a confirmation, but the best I can tell,

is as of today, you'll have to do a 'Server Reinstall'  of the original eval version 1500 release, then apply the new 1800 PP1 update,

or wait for the full WHS w/PP1 1800 disc to be released and do the same reinstall.

The 'Server Reinstall' option will save your data, but you'll have to setup all users/passwords etc again.

See http://www.wegotserved.co.uk/2008/02/06/faq-how-to-upgrade-from-a-trial-or-beta-version-of-windows-home-server/

Again not sure this is the best / right answer yet...

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 12:27 AM
  • Jack, that's correct. You must reinstall with software that doesn't have the PP1 beta included. Then you can install PP1 RTM.
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 12:33 AM
  • I was able to uninstall beta but not able to install PP1   The 1500 release shows as installed

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 12:35 AM
  • I was able to uninstall "PRERELEASE PP1 Beta" after checking "show updates".  Now installing PP1 download from Microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 12:36 AM
  • Should one reinstall connector software to all clients from the RTM version, especially x64 clients? The beta -to-RTM instructions didn't mention that.

Lloyd

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:49 AM
  • Lloyd, if you have configured the PP1 beta connector to automatically update, you should see it do so on all your client PCs once you've installed PP1 RTM on your server. Your clients will probably require a reboot afterward.

If you haven't configured it to automatically update, you can go to http://server:55000 (substituting the name of your server) on each client and download/update the connector from there.
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:53 PM