• To whom it may concern:

Okay, I just bought one of the gate28way GT56 model. You know with:

Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Q6600 quad core processor with VT
    • Each core operates at 2.40 GHz
    • 2 x 4MB L2 cache
    • 1066 MHz front side bus
    Chipset Intel G33
    Memory
  • Installed: 3072 MB DDR2, 667 MHz, (PC2-5300) dual channel memory (two 1024 MB and two 512 MB modules)
  • Expandable to: 8 GB (4 DDR2 DIMM slots)
  • Hard Drive 500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA II hard drive
    Support for up to two hard drives
    Optical Drive DVD ±RW, 18X multi-format dual layer drive (up to 8.5GB)
    • Write max: 18X DVD±R, 8X DVD+R DL, 8X DVD-R DL, 8X DVD+RW, 6X DVD-RW, 12X DVD-RAM, 48X CD-R, 32X CD-RW
    • Read max: 16X DVD-ROM, 48X CD-ROM
    • Supports Labelflash™ on disc printing (req. Labelflash media
    NVIDIA® GeForce® 8500GT

• 256MB onboard video memory
    • DirectX® 10, BluRay/HD-DVD Capable
    • Ports:
      • VGA
      • DVI-I with HDCP
      • S-Video .

But I've not been successful in installing Windows Home Server. I get the error message "Could Not Initialize UI subsystem" after the loading windows files screen is gone and the iniatializing setup screen comes up. I'm using an OEM disk I got from newegg.com Can Someon please help, I couldn't find anything helpful on other blogs and forums.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 4:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There are a couple of possibilities:

One is the DVD drive, (not the disk,) some people have had to change the actual drive.

Two is the NVidia drivers, you need to ensure that they are server 2003 compatible.

This search page result will give you some ideas to try.

HTH,

Colin

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:25 PM
  • Actually I dont know what is the problem. Looks like the installation has problems with the current hardware configuration. I would try one of the follwing and the try installing again:

1. Reset de BIOS to default values.
    2. Reduce the internal memory to 2 GB by removing the two 512MB modules.
      or
      Reduce the internal memory to 1 GB by removing the two 1024MB modules.
      This to test if maybe one of the memory modules are faulty or if the installation has problems with the fact that more then 2GB of memory is installed.
    3. Replace the DVD drive with another model.
      (I have seen report where the installation had problems with the DVD unit even though it worked perfectly on other systems)
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There are a couple of possibilities:

One is the DVD drive, (not the disk,) some people have had to change the actual drive.

Two is the NVidia drivers, you need to ensure that they are server 2003 compatible.

This search page result will give you some ideas to try.

HTH,

Colin

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 6:25 PM
  • Actually I dont know what is the problem. Looks like the installation has problems with the current hardware configuration. I would try one of the follwing and the try installing again:

1. Reset de BIOS to default values.
    2. Reduce the internal memory to 2 GB by removing the two 512MB modules.
      or
      Reduce the internal memory to 1 GB by removing the two 1024MB modules.
      This to test if maybe one of the memory modules are faulty or if the installation has problems with the fact that more then 2GB of memory is installed.
    3. Replace the DVD drive with another model.
      (I have seen report where the installation had problems with the DVD unit even though it worked perfectly on other systems)
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008 7:52 PM
  • Hey guys, thanks a lot thos replies it worked.

It turns out that the problems for the result of the type of connector.

Anyways, I have the Server installed and all. But I've been unable to installed the connector software. So I downloading the diagnostic tool and the first thing on the list of things that needs to be fixed before the software can be installed successful is the ability to ping the server by its name. So when I ping the server by its name, I get an unsuccesful attempt to ping my ISP instead of the server. Any thought!!! Thanks!!!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 1:39 AM
  •  

Ran into this same problem with an LG GCE-8527B CD-RW/DVD reader drive.  Swapped in an old Lite-On DVD burner, and I was off to the races.  I was getting the "invalid media" error message on boot-up, however.

I'm curious why the media appears to have issues with some drives, though...

Clint

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 5:01 AM
  • It sounds as though you need to reset your router, what type/model do you have, as I'm sure someone on here will have the correct settings.

Alternatively, disconnect your Internet connection, (not internal network,) prior to installing the Connector software. Also, editing your Hosts file to include your server details e.g., 192.168.0.1   SERVER. (replace the IP with your own)

Colin

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:56 PM