MCE IR Remote keyboard in WHS? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have the MCE remote and wireless keyboard (both IR) and would like to use these on my WHS box. Has anyone ever tried (and succeeded, hopefully) to get this to work in WHS? I have NO desire to use MCE on this box, ONLY the keyboard and remote.

Anyone have any advice on how to set it up? I know I need 'ehome rollup 2' in order to get the files to enable the keyboard, but I can't install it (gives an error saying 'wrong version of Windows' when I've tried.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-PGPfan

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 4:52 AM

Answers

• You can not install rollup 2 on WHS, Rollup2 will look for MCE 2005 in the registry for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Ident    its looking for 3.0
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 12:09 AM

All replies

• Unless you can manually extract the drivers (and even then there's no gaurantee), the update rollup will not run on the server. Just as the installer says, you're trying to run it on the wrong version of windows.
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 7:33 PM
  • True, it won't run the updated rollup, but it has been installed on Server 2003 and XP Home before according to posts in other forums, neither of which is 'supposed' to run it. Anybody have any other ideas?

-PGPfan

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 11:59 PM
  • You can not install rollup 2 on WHS, Rollup2 will look for MCE 2005 in the registry for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Ident    its looking for 3.0
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 12:09 AM