Project Details Web parts have stopped showing the project details RRS feed

• Question

• Most of our Project Sites have Project Details web parts and the web parts were working OK and showed the associated Project details.

However, something changed recently and now none of the project details web parts are showing the projects. Only the header is showing.

Thanks for your help in resolving this issue.

Renu

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:31 PM

Answers

• We have found the problem.

It was caused because the last view from the Project Center did not apply to the Project Details web part so when I changed the view I was able to see the project details.

Unfortunately, PWA saves the last view of the Project center and uses it on the Project site so people who use multiple views have to be cognizant to use the correct view and changing the view is only available when you click on the Project Details web part. I think the Project Center view and the Project Details web part views should be kept seperate.

Thanks,

Renu

• Marked as answer by RenuKaur Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:33 PM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:33 PM

All replies

• Check the Project site URL, May be it has been changed.

farhan

farhan

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:36 PM
  • This is happening on all our project sites. The Project Details web part in all the sites are just showing the header and not the associated project schedules.

• Edited by RenuKaur Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:47 PM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 5:45 PM
  • If the Project Header information is appearing on your quick launch option, but Project schedule is disappear, then Project Schedule is delink from the PDP, Go to the Server Setting\Workflow and Project Details Pages and attached the schedule to the subsequent Projects.

If there are few projects it can be done manually, if the number of Project is more, then it can be achieved with the script.

Thks

farhan

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:04 PM
  • We have found the problem.

It was caused because the last view from the Project Center did not apply to the Project Details web part so when I changed the view I was able to see the project details.

Unfortunately, PWA saves the last view of the Project center and uses it on the Project site so people who use multiple views have to be cognizant to use the correct view and changing the view is only available when you click on the Project Details web part. I think the Project Center view and the Project Details web part views should be kept seperate.

Thanks,

Renu

• Marked as answer by RenuKaur Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:33 PM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 6:33 PM