Questions and Suggestions RRS feed

• General discussion

• What does 'Avatar' mean? Would it be possible to link one's profile to one's Windows Live profile? (This would permit the display pictures to be the same. If not, how does one provide a display picture?) Could we have our 'Public nicknaame' used as our 'Display Name?' Could you subgroup the 'Developer Forum' into languages (i.e. Visual C++, Visual Basic, VBScript for Microsoft Office, etc.)? (It would save time in searching for threads to reply to.) I am assuming that if one subscribes for alerts these will be sent to our hotmail account, if so please make the hotmail account address confidential. What is the 'Tags:' field for? I clicked on the  icon in the 'Post Options' section and nothing happened. This icon does not seem to apear any where else. What is its purpose? Can we not use 'Copy' and 'Paste' in order to add code? There are times when I have provided code in which I have replaced unrelated code with '...' (three dots) in order to keep the sample code as concise as possible when describing a technique. Would this icon enable me to do this after I have added my code?

I am not expecting a response to these questions. All I am attempting to do is make you aware of items I do not comprehend and suggestions for improving this forum.

Thank you for taking my questions and comments under consideration.

Saint_Bernard

P.S. The downward arrow to the right of 'United States (English)' appears to have no effect. I am not in the United States.

Programmer for Visual C++ 6.0, and Microsoft Office including Access
    Saturday, May 17, 2008 10:44 PM

All replies

• Thanks for your feedback Martin. Since you didn't ask for answers to all your questions, but if you want some of them answered, I'm happy to. The US (English) drop down you mentioned will display all languages we support next week. However, if there are no forums available in your language, it will redirect to the English forums. It will be a few months before we have many non-English forums brought over from forums.microsoft.com (our previous forums platform), but they'll be coming.

-Andrew
    Forums Product Planner, Andrew.Brenner at Microsoft.com
    Thursday, May 22, 2008 4:06 PM