none
KB 945436 SETUP ERROR

Question

• Hi I have a Pc with is used for a BMS system in a Shopping center   This Pc has not been connected to the internet in 8 years it is runing Microsoft Windowns XP Pro Service pack 2  version 2002

I am trying  to use install a USB Donngle to be able to acess the internet but the error im getting is KB945436 Setup Error

Set up cannot update your windows XP files because the language installed on your system is different from the update language.

Is there a update I can use or has been set this way for a reason ? I dont want to crash the BMS system running in the back ground.

BMS (Building Managemet system)

Thanks for you help

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Friday, January 09, 2015 6:20 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Friday, January 09, 2015 4:30 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows XP forum on Microsoft Community.

Windows XP is no longer supported, but there is a thriving volunteer community there.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, January 09, 2015 6:19 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows XP forum on Microsoft Community.

Windows XP is no longer supported, but there is a thriving volunteer community there.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl