I get a message of genuine windows validation while am having a genuine xp proffessional! RRS feed

• Question

• I  have a product key for my xp but still am receiving that message of validation, what could be the problem???
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Editor Saturday, March 6, 2010 2:27 PM Moved to more appropriate forum category (From:Feedback and Comments)
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 9:02 AM

Answers

• In order for us to analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. 

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post.  Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:29 PM
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 2:49 PM

All replies

• In order for us to analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. 

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post.  Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:29 PM
    Saturday, March 6, 2010 2:49 PM
  • No reply form original poster.

Close thread as Answered.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:29 PM
  • Don't be so quick to close this - The MARCH 2010 update to MSE is producing false positives - read my thread elsewhere!!!
    The Tool you are telling people to use confirms this

See my thread under
    "MSE Claims Windows not Genuine, but Genuine Test Site & MSE's own installer recognise that it is - Bad March 2010 update from Microsoft?"
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:10 PM
  • Hello BigAlUK,

Please stop spamming unrelated forums.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Friday, March 12, 2010 6:41 AM