Am I banned? (All my answers in the thread are immediately deleted) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Several days ago my answer in this thread was reported as abusive. I don't know why it happened, probably, it was because I have lack of time and answered only part of the question, but this part was absolutely correct. Also in this answer I said to the person who was asking to feel free to ask me if some question remains. However, my answer was reported as abusive.

Today I tried to answer two questions on SharePoint 2013 forum, but both of them were immediately deleted. (the first, the second one)

Does this mean that I am banned? If so, could you explain me, what was the reason? I really tried to help.

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE: Continue of this investigation on the "Forums Issues (not product support)" forum: All my answers on the forum are immediately marked as abusive

Regards, Michael.

• Edited by MikhailSP Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:19 PM
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:48 AM

Answers

• I have just received an answer from support. Very quickly! They said that they made changes and now my issue should disappear. This post should check it :).

Thanks all of you for the support!

Kind regards, Michael (http://sp2013-blog.com).

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:27 PM

All replies

• Maybe there's someone running after you, trying to ban you. I can not see (in my first look) why you should get markes as abusive.

As long as you can still post in the forums, you're not banned.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:55 AM
  • Thank you for the answer, Livio.

Probably, it is the case as this question is marked as abusive too. However, it is strange, as I have no ideas, who it can be and why he/she tries to ban me. I always try to be as much polite as possible (even if somebody asks a silly question I offer help and answer in a polite way), so I don't know who could be my enemy.

Possibly, there is some other cause? Maybe, viruses, or adding me to some list of users, whose messages should be premoderated? Or maybe you know a way  how I could investigate my issue?

Best regards, Michael.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:25 PM
  • It more looks like you're either on a list of some sort of becoming banned members or someone is running a script. It's almost impossible to report someones post as abusive in a few seconds:

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:29 PM
  • And I swear, I'm not the one reporting you as abusive! As I already said, there's no reason for me to report you as abusive and also I just know your profile since now. I never posted anything in the SP forums yet.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:32 PM
  • Thank you for your support Livio! I am sure that you are not the one who do it :-) and I agree with you that it is probably some sort of script.

Today why I was looking for the right place to report my issue I stumbled into the post that number of spammers is increasing these days on the Report Spam thread (post from April 06, 2013 7:25AM). 

Probably my issue and increasing number of spammers are related. I mean,

Step 1. Spammers started to spam forum;

Step 2. Users started to report spam using the Report as abusive link;

Step 3. Spammers started to use script to abuse selectively on several users to make it harder for spam-filters/moderators to defer spam from a real post.

Probably, I am one who was chosen random by script. 

Do you know whether it is the right place for this sort of issues? Or probably, I should ask this question elsewhere?

Regards, Michael.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:50 PM
  • You should propably also post this in Forums Issues (not product support) and especially mention your last post. That could be the problem.

BTW: Your other posts are no longer marked as abusive.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:58 PM
  • In addition to posting here you may want to email to fissues at microsoft dot com. It could be an error by the SPAM filter especially if you posted links in your answers.

Usually if something was incorrectly marked by the automatic SPAM filter the real person will be able to unmark the abuse flag.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:18 PM
  • BTW, I think you meant you tried to answer 2 questions as they do not seem to be questions by you.

If you know moderator of that forum, you can also email him/her and ask to undelete the posts.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:20 PM
  • Thank you for the information. Yes you are right, it was my mistake in this post. Really, I answered (not asked questions). I have updated my post.
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:32 PM
  • Thank you for your answer, Naomi. I have just written an email to the suggested by you email. Hope it helps.

Regards, Michael.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:18 PM
  • I have just received an answer from support. Very quickly! They said that they made changes and now my issue should disappear. This post should check it :).

Thanks all of you for the support!

Kind regards, Michael (http://sp2013-blog.com).

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:27 PM