crm 2011 one button bulk plugin deploy RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

So we have about a handful of plugins we've written and would like the ability to blow away all currently loaded assemblies, plugins, and steps then reconfigure everything back again.

I have read about "solutions" and have the CRM developer kit installed from the SDK (5.0.6 i think) installed.

Is there any practical solution to this?

Thanks!

Jon

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• I would take a look at the SDK and the plugin registration tool. It includes the source code for the plugin registration tool and that tool performs all of the needed steps in code except the automation.
    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    • Marked as answer by Goosey314159 Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:38 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 3:36 PM
  • Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the response and good call on the sdk tool source.

I'm currently researching using a "solution" to try to deploy all of my plugins, if that doesn't pan out that looks like that route I'll take.

Thanks!

Jon

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:00 PM
  • If you think my solution is valid and/or helpful, please feel free to come back and mark it as helpful or as the answer, or both.  :)
    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    • Marked as answer by Goosey314159 Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:37 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Goosey314159 Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:38 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:10 PM
  • The great thing with 2011 is the ability to use the Plugin Registration Tool ONCE - in your dev environment to register all the assemblies, plugins, and steps, and then just 'export' the solution and import the whole thing into another org wholesale, overwriting the assemblies/plugins/steps already there.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:24 PM