Is MTBOT going to be discarded? RRS feed

• Question

• Mtbot has been offline or just not working many times recently and the length of time it is actively working is becoming lesser all the time. I wonder if anyone can tell me the name of an alternative translator that I can use please?

Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Rennied,

I too am finding it increasingly annoying not only that mtbot is down as often and long as it is, but also the lack of information given by the so called microsoft "support" staff. They  don't understand why it is important to keep the users of their products informed about down times and when it can be expected that everything is up and running again.

With the problems that occurred last week with mtbot I did a little research and found that google run a service through their gmail. Of course you and the person you want to talk to must hold gmail accounts and you must also be linked to your friends account in a similar manner to messenger and hotmail. I do not know as yet how good the service is but I have noticed that it doesn't seem to have as much downtime as mtbot has. You have to use it through the gmail, It does not seem to run through the google equivalent of messenger which is called google talk.

I intend initiating my account tonight with my german speaking friend. If it works well, I'll report back here if they let me do so. :) If not I'll report on as many other forums as I can find.

Hope that is helpful.

Cheers nashi.

• Edited by nashi383838 Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:54 AM spelling
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:50 AM
  • Hi Rennied and nashi,

Sorry that Tbot was offline a couple of times this week.  Tbot is back now.  Please sign out and re-sign in before using Tbot.  Nashi, good luck on your communication with your German friend via Tbot.  Takako (Microsoft Translator Team)

• Proposed as answer by Takako Aikawa Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:29 PM
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:29 PM