New Mac-Intel WinXP Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I bought a new MacBook Pro (intel-based), with MacOSX, and Windows XP SP2 OEM, I'd to reinstall the MacOSX to large the WinXP Partition, but when i want to activate my Windows, the activation application said me that my WinXP have exceed the number of times ..., and Windows didnt activate. How can i do to activate my original windows?

P/: Before my reinstallation i was using WinXP via a virtual simulation (Parallels).

Thanks in advance.

Monday, April 30, 2007 9:08 PM

Answers

• Hi LGD,

If you cannot successfully activate via the internet, then choose the alternative option to "activate by phone".

How to activate Windows XP by phone

To contact a Microsoft customer service representative to activate Windows by phone, follow these steps:

1. Click 'Start', point to 'All Programs', point to 'Accessories', point to 'System Tools', and then click 'Activate Windows'.
      Or,
    click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area (aka system Tray).
      Or,
    clicking Start button, then Run, and type in "oobe/msoobe /a", then press the Enter key located on your keyboard. 

2. Choose Activate Windows by Telephone and follow the prompts.  If the automated telephone activation is not accepted, you will be offered the option to speak with a live activation representative.  Choose that option. 

3. The rep will ask a few questions for the purpose of confirming that you are still using your license for XP in accordance with the EULA.  If so, the rep will issue an activation code for you to enter into the Activation Wizard.

How to activate Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307890/en-us

Thank you,

Darin Smith

MGA Forum Program Manager

--------------------------------------------------------

All Users: Please go to http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1255325&SiteID=25 before

posting a question.

--------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, May 1, 2007 9:02 PM