Import custom action with workflow assembly in crm 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have two things : Custom action and Workflow assembly.

The workflow assembly is included as a step in custom action.

The managed solution has both workflow assembly and custom action with added step.

While importing, i get the error : The Workflow With Id = {GUID} Does Not Exist.

Please guide, how to import custom actions in crm 2013 online ?

Tanu Goyal

Monday, May 5, 2014 12:53 PM

All replies

• Hi, it happened before to me.

I realize that it is because of the Arguments and Steps that related to the workflow as parent.

In the destined organization (your another online CRM 2013), it has no that custom action (CRM makes it as workflow) as 

parent, so when they import the Arguments and Steps, it will fails with message "Workflow with Id = {Guid} does not exist"

So, what I did is : 

1. I remove all of of my arguments and steps (or you can create another blank custom action first)

2. Then export a solution with your blank custom action (please remember import first your custom action without any 

arguments or steps)

3. Import your solution from number 2.

4. Then you make sure you can have your blank custom action imported successfully in your destination CRM Online 

organization, then your workflow with ID ={Guid} already there

5. Next, you can update your custom action by adding some arguments and steps, then you can export and import to your 

destination since your workflow ID has been there (in your destination organization)

You can refer to this link : http://missdynamicscrm.blogspot.com/2014/05/crm-2013-custom-action-import-solution.html

In conclusion, you should make sure that your destination org has your blank custom action before you adding custom action 

arguments and steps, or if you are still not sure which organization you wanna to import, you can create a solution 

containing a blank custom action, save it to your local, then you can continue to develop your custom action by adding 

arguments and steps as well. Then, later you have another organization, first, import your solution created before with 

blank custom action as one of the component first. Then, you can continue import your current solution (with added 

arguments and steps).

Thanks. 

Hope it helps and please help to mark as answer if you managed to do it!

Thanks.
    Friday, May 9, 2014 6:23 PM