DNS Warning Massage in OCS 2007 EE RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have  OCS 2007 Ent Evaluation,  it's not R2..

trying to Install OCS 2007 in memeber Server off 2003 active directory,,

Note :- SQL 2005, Domain Controller and OCS 2007 in 3 different server

Target OCS server with the folowing componants IIS 6.0 & CA Root certificate...in Deploye in an Expanded Topology shows prepare active directory completed successfully..all pre requisite done by me accordind to guide..

Now when i move to next topic "Create Enterprise Pool" Gave Pool name, Romate SQL 2005 Server name, Shares name and etc gives me the below follwoing Warining massage as soon as clicked on fininsh...

Generating some Warning massages Not detected DNS Registration

form OCS server after validating

Failure
    [0xC3FC200D] One or more errors were detected

I going completely insan..getting struck at the same time when i clicked "Finish".

Any help would be greately appreciated.

Thanks In advanced

Friday, April 3, 2009 5:48 AM

All replies

• Sameeransri,

Did you start the OCS setup using the Standard or Enterprise Edition media / executable?

TechNet Forum Moderator - http://www.leedesmond.com/weblog/
    Friday, April 3, 2009 10:01 AM

• Hi, Desmond Lee

It's Enterprise edition D:\Office Communications Server_Eval\ee_eval\setup\i386\setup.exe (Executable file)..

Sameer
    Friday, April 3, 2009 11:59 AM
  • Have you verified that the destination server has correctly registered itself with DNS?  Check that the A record matches the server's IP address.  Assuming you have statically assigned an IP to this host.

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Friday, April 3, 2009 12:29 PM
  • Thx for your reply...

yes i did the following manual entry in DNS

SRV record for _sipinternaltls ._tcp.contoso.com domain over port 5061 that maps to server1.contoso.com

Host :- OCS2007 with ip address

Monday, April 6, 2009 9:39 AM

• Check again to make sure that the target member server has its primary (and secondary) DNS IP Address pointing to correct and reachable DNS servers in your AD environment.
    TechNet Forum Moderator - http://www.leedesmond.com/weblog/
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:58 PM
  • Yes of course it's reachable Primary and Secondary as well both ahve been configured correctly, can communicate each other by pinging between Member server & DC
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:15 AM