Move & manage cablecard tv recordings on WHS? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to know if WHS PP3 will be able to move cablecard tv recordings to the server and make the shows available to the original machine as well as others on the network? I don't have a cablecard machine yet but am looking into buying one when Windows 7 comes out. If this feature could be supported on WHS it would be an incredible addition to the feature set! Even if you had to leave the recorded tv file as is (no transcoding) I would be happy with that.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 6:54 AM

Answers

• You move cable card TV recordings to WHS and make the shows available to the original machine, but other PC on the network is a problem.

Other PC cannot play the TV records only the original cable card PC that recorded them.  

Richard A Miller. Media Center MVP
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 3:03 PM
  • Yes extenders will work, :) if the original cable card PC is connected to extenders.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 5:50 PM

All replies

• You move cable card TV recordings to WHS and make the shows available to the original machine, but other PC on the network is a problem.

Other PC cannot play the TV records only the original cable card PC that recorded them.  

Sunday, July 19, 2009 3:03 PM
  • OK, well that makes sense but if you moved the cablecard recordings to the server would they still work on extenders? Or would you be just better off leaving them on the original pc? It would be cool if they could use Playready to authorize all the machines on the same homegroup to play back cablecard content recorded on the original pc.
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 3:10 PM
  • Yes extenders will work, :) if the original cable card PC is connected to extenders.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 5:50 PM