Discoloration RRS feed

• Question

• First off I'd like to say this is a phenomenal program.  Very simple, but effective.  I use this to put together 150 image composites of microscrope images.  Perfectly flat images, but the features are very simple and tough for a computer to recognize.  Most times Photoshop CS4 fails me, and if it doesn't it butchers the setup and takes 6-8 hours to complete.

However, it's one fault is when it "blends" colors.  This creates a color gradient that's dark near the top and lighter near the bottom.  Once I create my images I use ImageJ for image analysis, and this large gradient messes with my results.  

I realize there are not any features now, so my only option is to take the pictures differently, but do you plan to make upgrades to this program?  Please say yes, because this is such a time-saver and it's for university research!  Thanks,

-Luke.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 1:35 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the kind words!

Normally ICE is pretty good at blending between different colors.  ICE observes the color differences where two images come together and attempts to adjust the colors across the whole set so that these differences are as small as possible.  There is nothing in the program that explicity adds a top to bottom gradient.  If you wnat to share an example of your issue we could take a look.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 6:39 PM
  • Hello,

I have repeatedly encountered the same problem of background discoloration. The original pictures are of the same exposure, the result either has a light to dark or dark to light top-bottom gradient. This gradient is visible in both image and video stitching mode. Unfortunately, this forum does not allow me to post images or links to the pictures.

Thanks and greetings, Oliver.

Sunday, December 2, 2012 1:05 PM
  • Skydrive https://skydrive.live.com/ is a great way to post images.
    Monday, December 3, 2012 7:54 PM
  • Thanks, but I still can not post images or links because the forum tells me that I need to verify my account first. I did not receive a verification email, however.

Oliver.

Monday, December 3, 2012 10:36 PM