Validation not available for office 2010 on win 7 RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i bought a genuine copy of office 2010 student and home, my copy of win 7 is also genuine, i ran the validation.  however when running the validation for office 2010, it says that no office was found and if later than office 2007 there isn't a validation available (as well as whether or not it may be genuine, which it is as the product was activated with the 25 digit keyword).

is this true or is something wrong?  will this affect my usage of office 2010 student and home?

also, i was connected to the internet when activation occured, when i open office will it ask for validation or is it already done when i initially activated it?  i want to make sure everything is running as it should.

thanks

Tuesday, October 5, 2010 10:29 AM

Answers

• Office 2010 hasn't been adopted by the validation process yet. I would expect that it will be before any major addons or the first service pack from MS.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, October 6, 2010 10:15 PM
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 12:17 PM

All replies

• Office 2010 hasn't been adopted by the validation process yet. I would expect that it will be before any major addons or the first service pack from MS.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, October 6, 2010 10:15 PM
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 12:17 PM
  • "Carl_OH" wrote in message news:fafc75b0-6276-4d7f-9714-82599679ffcd...
    Office 2010 hasn't been adopted by the validation process yet. I would expect that it will be before any major addons or the first service pack from MS.

AFAIK, Office 2010 is supposed to be self-validating? (how they reckon on that, is anyone's guess! <g>)
    Even if that's true, the validation tools should have been tweaked to at least acknowledge the presence of the suite, so that people can see that it's installed properly. The fact that a few months after RTM, no-one has said/done anything about it doesn't give me a warm feeling about the chinese walls within MS.

Office always has tended to go its own way, and break the rules laid down by the OS side - and things seem to have been getting worse over the past few years.
    Now the OS even breaks its own rules - perhaps because the guy who now runs the OS used to run Office.
    --

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 1:59 PM