none
Any options for overwrite in command-line? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using command line mode.
    Is there option for creating folder pairs with overwrite old files(DO NOT send to recycle bin) ?
    Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:11 PM

All replies

• Hi there

There is currently option for creating folder pairs with "overwrite old files" in command line mode.  These are the current supported command line options for managing folder pairs SyncToy.exe with SyncToy v2.0:

• -d(left=, right=, name=,operation=Synchronize|Echo|Contribute, [check=yes|no], excluded=,included=) Creates a new folder pair with the specified options:
      • left - mandatory, provide absolute path for left folder
      • right - mandatory, provide absolute path for right folder
      • name - mandatory, provide name of folder pair
      • operation - mandatory, specifiy action type for this folder pair
      • check - optional, specify whether file contents should be checked for file matching, default is no
      • excluded - optional, specifies exclude filter for files, defaults to none
      • included - optional, specifies include filter for files, defaults to all
    • -u Delete one or more folder pairs, no user data will be deleted

You can always modify the folderpairs you created in command line mode with the SyncToy UI, by turning off the "Save overwritten files in the Recycle Bin" option under Change Options...

Maria del Mar Alvarez Rohena Microsoft Sync Framework
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 1:52 AM
  • I have written a script using SyncToy to create folderpairs automatically, and I need old files to be overwritten, but I can't find any "overwrittern" option in the command-line mode. It is impossible for me to change the option in the GUI mode whenever there is a new folderpair created. And now I am using the script to clear the recycle bin, but it would be much better if there is such an option.
    Thanks anyway!
    • Edited by wtel Saturday, May 30, 2009 12:45 PM wrong spelling
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 12:43 PM