Wireless Printer Adapter RRS feed

• Question

•  

One care just ran an update securing my wireless router and now I do not have any connection from the Wireless router to the printer adapter.....Can anyone help?
    Monday, February 18, 2008 8:39 PM

Answers

• You will need to update the security information on the printer adapter per the manufacturer's instructions.

From Instant Help:

To add a device to a newly secured wireless network, follow the instructions in the manufacturer's manual for the device. If you need more help, contact the manufacturer of the device.

Note

You must enter the SSID and network key to add a device.

1. On the computer that you used to help secure the wireless network, click Change Settings.
    2. On Firewall tab, click Advanced settings.
    3. On the Network connections tab, click your wireless network, and then click Details.
    4. The SSID and network key appear in the Security Information area.

-steve

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:35 AM

All replies

• You will need to update the security information on the printer adapter per the manufacturer's instructions.

From Instant Help:

To add a device to a newly secured wireless network, follow the instructions in the manufacturer's manual for the device. If you need more help, contact the manufacturer of the device.

Note

You must enter the SSID and network key to add a device.

1. On the computer that you used to help secure the wireless network, click Change Settings.
    2. On Firewall tab, click Advanced settings.
    3. On the Network connections tab, click your wireless network, and then click Details.
    4. The SSID and network key appear in the Security Information area.

-steve

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:35 AM
  • I have a similar problem.  I have three XP machines on a wireless netgear Draft N network.  None of them can find the wireless HP Photosmart C7250 All-in-One unless I go in and manually set up the port.  Also, I have tried following the instructions above on each m,achine and none provides me with a Details option. 

Sunday, March 9, 2008 12:47 AM
  •  Keiley wrote:

I have a similar problem.  I have three XP machines on a wireless netgear Draft N network.  None of them can find the wireless HP Photosmart C7250 All-in-One unless I go in and manually set up the port.  Also, I have tried following the instructions above on each m,achine and none provides me with a Details option. 

That would mean that you are not using WiFi security as configured by OneCare. Your problem would appear to be a firewall issue and you would need to configure the firewall to allow communications to the printer if it is a network printer with its own print server. I assume that you mean that you have set up the port in the firewall settings on each PC that is running OneCare and that all is well now? If not, I think it would be a good idea to start a new thread in the firewall topic folder.

-steve

Monday, March 10, 2008 5:50 PM